Port St. Lucie, one of the picturesque cities along Florida’s Treasure Coast, isn’t immune to the drug problem plaguing the Sunshine State. In addition to fighting the illegal distribution of prescription drugs, the Port St. Lucie DEA is also working to curb the rise of methamphetamine, which is gradually replacing prescription meds as they become more difficult to obtain.
<!- mfunc feat_school ->
In fact, according to the St. Lucie County Sheriff’s Department, 13 meth labs were shut down between July and September 2012 alone.
Port St. Lucie DEA’s Fight Against Methamphetamine Labs
The methamphetamine problems in Port St. Lucie are brought to light in recent headlines originating from this Florida city:
- August 2012: Two people were arrested following an investigation by Port St. Lucie DEA officials and Port. St Lucie police that uncovered a methamphetamine lab being run out of a single-family home.
- September 2012: A Port St. Lucie home, the site of a methamphetamine lab, was uncovered by local and federal officials, including the DEA.
- December 2012: Two people in Port St. Lucie were arrested for operating a meth lab out of their home. Investigators reported that the suspects were cooking meth in the same house where their three children, ages 15 months to 6 years, lived.
Port St. Lucie DEA Jobs: How to Become a DEA Agent in Port St. Lucie
Individuals who want to learn how to become a DEA agent in Port St. Lucie will go through a lengthy hiring process before training in Quantico. In particular, candidates must pass a rigorous background investigation, psychological evaluation, and polygraph examination. Further, all individuals interested in DEA careers in Port St. Lucie must be in good physical condition and must have good vision.
All individuals learning how to become a DEA agent in Port St. must also meet the minimum requirements set forth by the DEA. In particular, all candidates for DEA jobs must be U.S. citizens; they must possess a valid driver’s license; and they must be able to pass a DEA drug test.
Experience and Education Requirements for Port St. Lucie DEA Jobs
Candidates for Port St. Lucie DEA careers may attain employment eligibility in one of three ways:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree with a GPA of 2.95 or better, or a master’s degree, LLB or JD degree
- Have specialized experience in a number of areas, including narcotics investigations, surveillance/undercover activities, apprehending/arresting, or organizing evidence for prosecution officials
- Have at least 3 years of experience in a specialized field, such as accounting, technical/mechanical, a foreign language, information systems, telecommunications, and engineering AND possess a bachelor’s degree or higher, with no minimum GPA
More information on DEA requirements in Port St. Lucie can be obtained by visiting the DEA website.